For those looking to reduce facial wrinkles, you might want to consider Daxxify® treatment. At Colorado Springs Dermatology Clinic, our providers have the highest level of training for safe and lasting results. Give us a call to schedule a cosmetic consultation to learn if Daxxify is right for you.
What Is Daxxify?
Daxxify is an injectable medication that helps to reduce wrinkles. Like Botox, Daxxify is a neuromodulator. Therefore, it works by blocking the muscle movements that cause wrinkles. With Daxxify, your skin looks smooth and firm.
Compared to other neuromodulators, Daxxify tends to last longer. Studies show that Botox Cosmetic lasts an average of 3 months. Daxxify studies show an average of 6 months duration, or up to twice as long as Botox Cosmetic. This happens because of its peptide coating. It binds to your nerves very efficiently, so you get more pronounced results.
What are the benefits of Daxxify?
There are several reasons that the beauty community is so excited about Daxxify:
- Highly effective: Research shows that Daxxify almost completely erases wrinkles in 98% of patients.
- Long-lasting: Patients who try Daxxify still see results six to nine months later. It lasts about twice as long as Botox.
- Minimally invasive: Daxxify is an injectable, so it doesn’t require any surgery or result in a lengthy recovery time.
- Pure ingredients: Daxxify doesn’t contain proteins or stabilizers. Therefore, you’re less likely to develop an intolerance to it.
- Fast onset: You don’t have to wait weeks to see the effects of Daxxify. This fast-acting medication has full results within 48 hours.
What Is the Treatment Process?
Our treatment process is simple and easy. First, we’ll discuss your beauty goals and make a treatment plan. Then, we’ll use a small syringe to inject the treatment into your facial muscles. If you’re sensitive to pain, we’ll numb the area before the injection.
The whole process is done in less than 30 minutes. There is no mandatory recovery time for Daxxify. You can go back to work or other normal tasks right away. Many people don’t even have bruising.
Who Is the Ideal Candidate for Daxxify?
Daxxify is great for those who want to smooth away facial wrinkles. Since it lasts so long, we usually recommend it for patients who’ve tried Botox before. This ensures you don’t end up stuck with effects you dislike. Most of our Daxxify patients are people who already like the effects of Botox but want longer results.
There are some patients who shouldn’t take this medicine. It’s not recommended for people who are pregnant or breastfeeding. You might also be a poor candidate if you tend to get keloid scars. People who have had allergic reactions to Botox shouldn’t take it.
What Are the Risks of Daxxify?
Daxxify works well for most patients. However, you need to be aware of these risks before you try Daxxify:
- 6% of Daxxify test subjects got a headache.
- 2% of patients in a Daxxify trial had a drooping eyelid. However, this was not a permanent symptom.
- Some temporary swelling near the injection site can occur.
- Daxxify is only FDA-approved for frown lines and is not approved for crow’s feet or forehead wrinkles.
- Daxxify can cost a little more than other options like Botox.
- Some people find that Daxxify produces a less mobile look compared to Botox.
Schedule Cosmetic Consultation
Not everyone is a candidate for Daxxify wrinkle-reducing treatment. Call our office to schedule a time to come and talk to a trained Daxxify provider at Colorado Springs Dermatology Clinic. At your consultation, you will learn about safety concerns and realistic outcomes.